IBTM America 2015 is to be the new name for a transformation of the event that took place as AIBTM in Florida this week. The new concept is simple but dynamic. IBTM America will remove the costs associated with exhibiting at a trade show by designing a unique turnkey solution where an innovative pod design, completely integrated in an exhibitor meeting space, will give privacy to meetings between buyers and suppliers.
In consultation with the industry, and members of the US Advisory Board, who identified the need for trade shows in this industry to prioritise the time given to meetings with premium buyers but in the most cost effective way, the new event will have now have a 1-1 ratio of buyers and suppliers. Exhibitors will pay one price for a modular booth design ready on arrival for them to start their business of meetings.
IBTM America will have 250 suppliers who will meet with 250 of the most prestigious planners in the global MICE industry. Both buyers and suppliers will be doing business inbound and outbound from the US. Planners will be from the corporate, association, governmental and third party sectors. The exhibitors will be from all sectors of the MICE market and will be split 60% US and 40% international.
New for 2015:
1. Show layout – all exhibitors will be provided with an identical booth.
2. The 8ft x 8ft turnkey exhibit pod will be ready for the arrival of the exhibitor. There will be no more additional costs associated with set up or tear down, no freight or drayage giving a hassle-free way to exhibit.
3. All exhibitors will be on a level playing field – each pod is the same, everything is included in the price.
4. Exhibitors and Buyers will take part in a mutual match system for their appointment diary. This means both parties choose who they wish to do business with; the first time exhibitors have been given this option.
5. Hosted Buyers will be rigorously pre-qualified, personally invited and the most senior decision makers with guaranteed purchasing power.
6. Each Hosted Buyer will have 30 pre-scheduled appointments giving exhibitors a similar schedule of meetings over the course of the event.
7. Building further connections, the community of IBTM America will join together for bespoke networking events, and the inspirational IBTM professional Knowledge Forum.
“We have created IBTM America to be a brand new trade show experience. It’s exclusive and private, similar to the two successful launches of the table-top 1-1 mutual match event concept with both IBTM India and IBTM Africa. Whilst we are in the early stages of design, we have extended the creative concept from a table top to a private booth with branding space that ensures an intimate environment, and a turnkey solution, that gives both buyers and sellers a focused face-to-face meeting space. Having received excellent industry feedback for this new trade show concept, we are excited about the opportunity it gives our customers in the US,” says Sallie Coventry, Portfolio Director, IBTM Global Events Portfolio.
“IBTM America will now give the US meetings industry its own niche event that is focused on the business of meetings, no distractions, no time-wasting, and enabling both buyers and sellers to have their own community in one place for 2 days,” concluded Coventry.
IBTM America will take place in Chicago in June 2015.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 208 334 4004
Mob: +44 (0) 7770 306 689
Tel: +44 (0) 208 334 4006
Mob: +44 (0) 7768 211 629
About IBTM America
IBTM America forms part of the Reed Travel Exhibitions Meetings, Events and Business Travel Portfolio along with AIME (www.aime.com.au), GIBTM (www.gibtm.com), CIBTM (www.cibtm.com) IBTM India (http://www.ibtmevents.com/IBTM-India/), IBTM Africa (www.ibtmevents.com/IBTM-Africa) and EIBTM (www.eibtm.com).
Reed Travel Exhibitions Reed Travel Exhibitions
(RTE) is the world’s leading provider of exhibitions in the travel and tourism industry, with a wide-ranging portfolio of 21 international events in 13 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa. Its market-leading, business-to-business events cover all elements of travel and tourism, including leisure travel, luxury travel, meetings, events, incentives and business travel, as well as golf, ski and spa travel. RTE is part of Reed Exhibitions. www.reedtravelexhibitions.com